Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Sun in Ha - 1st September 2011

PaulKummer

Still working on my processing technique but I'm quite pleased with how this one has turned out. Let down a bit by poor focusing - when I'm not in a panic about approaching clouds I will spend more time on it:)

Comments welcome - especially on how it can be improved.

Paul

Full resolution image is at: Solar - paulandelainephotography's Photos

post-27387-133877655635_thumb.jpg

Hi Paul, I didn't know you'd bought a Lunt! This is a great image. For the disk I wonder if a slightly higher gamma value might have teased out some subtle details but I'm no expert. Nice work combining the proms. I have worked out a new way of doing it but it is a ludicrous palaver and needs thinking about before I start to waste anyone's time with it...

The FOV of the 41 makes buying one unavoidable. Monique is going to love you!!!

Olly

Hi Olly,

"Gamma"? I've not got past Beta yet:). I've had a look and it certainly helps the surface but destroys the proms so I will have to go back a fair way. Perhaps a job for tomorrow.

Yes - I bought a Lunt. A slight diversion from the main plot but after seeing your setup Elaine twisted my arm until I bought it:):):)

I'm not yet sure about my method of combining proms and surface. I seem to have found a process that works on this image but I want to try some more images and some more ideas before believing in it.

Paul

Good go there! My only advice would be if that you are doing a shot for disk and proms, on the disk shot back off a bit on the exposure - I think you could be washing out some of the surface detail, and like Olly says, for the disk, use a lower gamma value - will give you more contrast.

Archived