NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Owl cluster drawing

todd8137

Looks like my humble drawing efforts...well done. picked out the shape well..

Its a nice cluster!

Try M34 in Perseus...

Mark

it was the 1st go at it have seen better pics drawn of this but as i can not image such things the pencil is the way forward i guess a could have just picked out the stars to give the owl shape but a wanted the whole thing and stars i was going to try again last night but clouds

Wotcher Todd :(

NGC 457 is one of my favourite objects, and I'm often asked to show it to the public at my club's events.

The kids just love it, and adults like it too when it's explained what they are looking at.

And there's nowt wrong with paper & pencil :) makes you look harder to see what's there.

All the best, Ed.

Wotcher Todd :(

NGC 457 is one of my favourite objects, and I'm often asked to show it to the public at my club's events.

The kids just love it, and adults like it too when it's explained what they are looking at.

And there's nowt wrong with paper & pencil :) makes you look harder to see what's there.

All the best, Ed.

thanks

Your sketch is excellent Todd, and the thing about sketching an object, is the concentration required to make it as accurate as possible. The bonus in this activity has the benefit of sketchers becoming excellent observers. You have to study the subject, not just have a peek at it. Most avid observers are good at it, but I've known a few who merely glance then move on.

Ron.

Your sketch is excellent Todd, and the thing about sketching an object, is the concentration required to make it as accurate as possible. The bonus in this activity has the benefit of sketchers becoming excellent observers. You have to study the subject, not just have a peek at it. Most avid observers are good at it, but I've known a few who merely glance then move on.

Ron.

its the colors in this cluster i like and theres lots

Great effort Todd. A lot more detail than my recent efforts.

hi mate hope ya well, i did not intend to draw any thing it started with try in to count the colors and how many i could see i feel a part 2 soon with 6mm ep and see how it turns out

hi mate hope ya well, i did not intend to draw any thing it started with try in to count the colors and how many i could see

Thanks Todd :)

The lack of being able to show the different coloured stars in my sketch was disappointing. While I'm sure it could be done with colour pencils I doubt it could be done with ease under red light.

Thanks Todd :)

The lack of being able to show the different coloured stars in my sketch was disappointing. While I'm sure it could be done with colour pencils I doubt it could be done with ease under red light.

elle my daughter suggest black card and colored pencils esp white may get some card and give it a try .red torches and white ermm red light i read is harder to recover from than white ,when it comes to night vision,

Archived