Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Collimation Springs Upgrade

deepspacehunter

For a few dollars you can purchase a STRONGER set of SPRINGS for your Dob.... I replaced the standard (weaker) springs with a set of stronger springs... it is really simple, just do them one at a time and adjust your primary so that they go in there with just enough space and then RE-collimate... and when you do tighten the SET SCREWS, you don't have to tighten them too tight, (just barely snug), because as we all know, when you tighten the set screws it alters the perfect collimation if you tighten them too much.... the STRONG SPRINGS will hold collimation very well !!! I HOPE THIS MAKES YOUR VIEWING MORE EFFICIENT AS YOU SHOULD BE DOING A LOT LESS RE-COLLIMATING.....CLEAR SKIES AND KEEP LOOKING UP !!!

The Hardin Optical 12" uses the GSO optical tube - same optics / cells as the Revelation 12" and the Meade Lightbridge 12" so those benefit from this upgrade as well.

What exasperates me a bit is that this issue was reported by reputable reviewers from the off with these scopes (we are talking over 5+ years ago) yet the manufacturer did and has done nothing about it. We are talking about springs which cost a couple of £ each at most here and it's much easier to fit them during manufacture :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived