Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st RGB image with AA 115, the Double Cluster

Deneb

Hi

I had a bit of a clear spell last night, after the guiding giving me some jip on the dec axis. I have gathered 1 hour & 15mins of data in RGB using a 383L+ w/ 1.25" filters using my Altair Astro 115 Triplet. Thanks for your help in this Olly.

Stacked in DSS with 10x darks, Combined & RGB Merge done in Registar.

You can download a full res shot here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sdw4l7hu3meg217

Cheers

Nadeem.

post-15111-133877653257_thumb.jpg

Hi Nadeem - Now THIS is what I've been waiting to see from this scope....

Flat as a pancake from corner to corner, perfectly round stars and lovely colour rendition... You couldn't ask for more. A superb first light - You have to be happy with that...!

This is a tough test. In most images the central stars merge or, as the French say, 'cram.' Here every star is distinct. And, as Andy says, it is clean across the board. So... a very nice Double Cluster in double quick time.

Olly.

Nice one Nadeem, you seem to be getting the hang of this guiding malarkey!

By the way - maybe it's just my monitors, but I can see a radial gradient, resulting in a dark-greenish circle in the centre of the image.

Im very pleased with it, also AA sent me a guide on how to tighten up the focuser, the focuser is now responding to how I woud expect it to perform, no slippage & no more image shifting, now I just have to learn how to use that Gerd Neumann Light Panel now... oh & find time to do something with that quattro...

Nadeem

Very impressive image Nadeem.. Certainly looks like you have a keeper. Or in your case do you :)

Well im going to be hard pressed in finding a scope with this type of spec & performance for the price I bought it for; Being very frank about it.

Nadeem.

Archived