Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

getting a dob

in hind sight i wish i would have gone for thisscope

Hi Todd I did notice you have a 12" Dob in your sig. I am currently considering an 8" for my first telescope and would be interested to hear your reasoning on why you wish you had chosen this presumably instead of the 12". Could you elaborate please.

I am away for a fortnight from tomorrow the 30th so wont be able to reply but will certainly look up your response as soon as I get the chance.

many thanks

Hi Todd I did notice you have a 12" Dob in your sig. I am currently considering an 8" for my first telescope and would be interested to hear your reasoning on why you wish you had chosen this presumably instead of the 12". Could you elaborate please.

I am away for a fortnight from tomorrow the 30th so wont be able to reply but will certainly look up your response as soon as I get the chance.

many thanks

i think the 8"goto would have been better for a few resons the tracking for one as the manual push is some times a pain and tracking is a art form when try in to get video or pictures pluss the size of the 12" is massive and weighs a ton am glad its onlt a short carry to my obs

on the pluss side the extra ap on the mirrors was worthit and the views are much better

Archived