Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cave Nebula in HaRGB

Catanonia

Eventually managed to grab some colour for this project and combined it with about 5 hours of Ha (20 min subs with OAG)

Didn't get as much RGB as I would have liked, but made the best of the time by binning it 2x.

I tried combining the Luminance, but didn't really work, so used PixInsight to merge the Ha into the Red channel to give the final HaRGB image.

Taken on my Skywatcher N190 with QHY9 mono CCD with 2 inch filters. Ha = 8nm.

All guided with TS OAG with 20min Ha subs and 5min binned RGB subs

Ha = approx 5 hours and RGB approx 1.5 hours.

Hope you like, this TS OAG seems to be a keeper :)

post-16631-13387765279_thumb.jpg

Thanks all. I think I will probably forget gathering luminance for nebula from now on. The HaRGB route seems to work well without washing out any of the colours.

Definitely OAG is the way to go if you can get one to work with your scope and ccd train and have the patience to spend a few hours configuring it.

That photo is one of most interesting takes the Cave Nebula I saw last times. Picture isn`t sinking in red, details are not lost but I think that less light because dark spaces are ideal contrast. Shady parts emphasizes a richness of colours and interesting light of objects.

Interesting work. I like that one.

Hi

Looks most excellent :)

What way did you add the Ha to the red ?

Harry

I used the channel combination, the one you use for adding luminance to RGB in your video in PI

Added the Ha to the red only with a little saturation boost in the dialog.

That photo is one of most interesting takes the Cave Nebula I saw last times. Picture isn`t sinking in red, details are not lost but I think that less light because dark spaces are ideal contrast. Shady parts emphasizes a richness of colours and interesting light of objects.

Interesting work. I like that one.

Thanks Pavel, I tried really hard not to flood it in red as you always see when people add in Ha. I like the way the star colours have remained without too much work.

Archived