Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First picture

ScubaMike

Rather embarassed as it's nowhere near the quality of the other images posted here. But we all have to start somewhere.....

C9.25, SPC900 with 0.5x focal reducer (I know - it's not the recomended one, but it was an experiment:))

450/950 frames staked through Registax6 with default settings processing in B&W. Flipped horizontally & vertically with microsoft paint.

scubamike-albums-moon-picture12982-moon-002.jpg

Well done Mike...no need to be embarrassed at all.

As a suugestion - because the field of view of the 900NC is so small, you're not getting much benefit from the focus reducer so I'd take it out of the image train and, if you want a wider field image - make a mosaic.

Hope this helps

Steve

Thanks for the encouragement Carole & Steve.

Constructive criticism is always welcome Steve

I had considered a mosaic, but I didn't want to add another layer of complexity first time. I will certainly look to take some more, smaller frames and follow the tutorial to stitch them together.

Is it worth persiveving with the yellow filter to increase contrast? or would using a baader neo give better results?

The long focal length of the OTA and the 6mm (est) FL of the SPC900 does not lend itself to wider view, that much I have learned :rolleyes:

Mike

Is it worth persiveving with the yellow filter to increase contrast? or would using a baader neo give better results?

Hi again Mike

I don't know about yellow or the neo filter - I use red, long pass red and near infra red filters because that end of the spectrum is less affected by seeing.

Hope this helps

Steve

Archived