NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ6 Upgrade, How Difficult?

I plan on going down the GT upgrade route soon. I figured it would also be a good excuse to strip the mount to clean, re-grease with white lithium and tweak the worms gears etc. I did my EQ5 a while back and it's not until you have handled the black sticky tar substance that synta use as grease that you realize just how bad it is to the overall performance of the mount. Once greased with white lithium the movements so are much smoother.

I "think" but not sure! that the puck is the only difference on the NEQ6 allowing for dovetail and vixen type attachments ?????????

Can you just buy everything except the Handset? I looked on OVL and found these details:-

EQ6 PRO SynScan Handset Cable

Motherboard for EQ6 PRO

Motherboard for Standard EQ6

Dec Stepper Motor for EQ6 PRO

RA Stepper Motor for EQ6 PRO

so what would i need to order?

Cheers for the help ill order the kit later. What white lithium did you use spaceboy and ill do that at the sametime?

Halsowen cycles sell it. I think it's about £3-£4 for a small tube but money well spent. You have to make sure you get all the old grease off as apparently it reacts with the lithium grease and dries it out.

Thats great just printed that out. Whats the difference between the EQ6 Pro Synscan and NEQ6?

It varies but in my case nothing at all. I have one of each, both bought new, and there is no difference. Some late NEQ sixes have a different saddle plate, I think, but nothing of consequence so far as I'm aware.

Olly

• 2 weeks later...

Archived