Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

help with couriers

chemtom24

am buying a scope and mount from bristol and need it delivered to hertfordshire. I have no idea how to use a courier, what one to use and how to go about it. could someone help me out and give me a rough cost? heq5 mount, tripod, 127 mak

thanks,

tom

Interparcel is good. Their insurance charges are usually a lot less than parcels2go.

http://www.interparcel.com/?gclid=CLDk-KSq3qoCFdNc4QodVS297A

Probably £15.00 to £20.00

If you've got the box sizes and weights you can go to their website and enter the info and get a price right away online. Depending on which of their courier services you use the driver may bring the shipping labels or you can download the labels.

John

I sent my Clestron C100ED tube assembly via TNT after weighing the prices up and booking through Parcel2Go | Courier Services | Express Parcel Delivery Company. It arrived at the buyer's address next day and cost me less than a tenner. A lot of people on here (including me) recommend using them for sending 'scopes etc. too big to send by post.

Glad you got it sorted.

I have used Interparcel many times with their "UPS" service which was always very cheap. Quotes from UPS directly worked out many times more!

Athough I'm sure that UPS dropped Interparcel some time ago? Havent seen them offer a UPS service the last few times I checked.

I would suggest just going with the Royal Mail.

Had my 10" DOB delivered in 2 days (I'm in Belfast, the dob posted from Portsmouth), in perfect condition, and for a very good price (comparing to other quotes I got around).

Archived