SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What Am I doing wrong.....?

Took the attached this morning and I'm still getting the interference on the AVI resulting in the weird effects on the image.

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this. Tried adjusting all the usual settings (fps/Gain/Brightness) with limited success.

Or am I simply expecting too much from the NEXimager.

Taken with the 150mm MAK +2x Apo Barlow with the Celestron Neximage CCD camera through thick haze at 3:00 a.m. (Missus not happy a being woken up.:)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S - just a thought - Would the RAW upgrade fix this problem?

Cheers

Steve :D:mad:

post-14696-133877648134_thumb.jpg

I'm afraid I have no idea what went wrong, but I have similar problems using a similar setup (particularly with the Neximage). Will be interested to see any solutions that come your way.

Also interested in the "RAW upgrade fix" that you mention, not heard of this...

I think it's more likely to be an exposure settings issue in the capture program. What settings are you using for gain, exposure etc.?

AIUI the RAW mode mod is supposed to give slightly higher quality images because it prevents the camera using its own debayering algorithm to generate the colour image from the raw CCD data, leaving you to do a (hopefully) better job in software. It comes with a whole pile of restrictions you have to remember before it will work though. And they're not even the biggest problem, which is getting the image focussed correctly when you don't have a decent debayered image to work from.

It is a shame about the artefacts; it's a very nice image otherwise.

James

Can't see its anything to do with exposure settings and certainly not because of needed RAW mod. What fps was this image? Frame rate would be my best bet but you say its the same at any frame rate? What capture software did you use? Maybe worth try another program like sharpcap or craterlet even firecapture.

Thanks for replying Guys your comments are really appreciated.

James - I maxed out the Gain and used 25 fps. the software I used was the AMCap software that came with the camera.

I'll take a look at the other capture programs and update this thread.

Think its going to be clear tonight around 3:00 so might get nother chance.

Steve

Archived