Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Phillips SPC880/900 Mac woes

I just bought the Astro-imaging Kit Philips SPC880/900 from Telescope House after reading about the good results some of you have had from this webcam, but it seems I may have a problem that I hope that one of you can help answer for me.

Before I bought it I specifically asked Telescope House if it would work on a Mac, and was told it would, but I now find that Phillips don't support the MAC, I have found a link for ioexperts at Downloads but I'm not sure if this is going to work with this webcam. Was I misinformed or can someone confirm for me if they are using this with a Mac successfully and if so point me in the right direction of a driver i can download for it.

Hi - I have tried this on the mac - no joy, I got round it by installing windows via Virtual Box (free software) and running the whole thing on the windows partition, registax, sharpcap and most of the other webcam software wont run on the Mac either so the virtual drive is probably your only option (breaks my heart - I hate all thing microsoft - especially windows) on the plus side I have never seen windows run as well as it does on the Mac :smiley:

Cheers Paul

I use paralells in lion and run windows in that. Good compromise to have the benefits of a mac but windows if you need it. I did use bootcamp for a coup,le of years but restarting the computer everytime I wanted to switch between the two became a pain.

Archived