Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Milky Way 4 shot pano with 15mm FE

Took this in New Forest on Saturday night/Sunday morning 7th/8th Aug 2011.

Saturday evening was poor, we had heavy rainstorms around 7pm, but 4 of us from SCAG decided to still try for an observation session. It was still wall to wall cloud at 9pm, & as we chatted, feeling a bit dispondant, none of us thought it was going to clear. We were in for a rare surprise & treat, not only did the clouds suddenly vanish, but we had a really good clear night & ended up leaving at 5am.

During this time, I used a Canon DSLR & a 15mm Fisheye lens to take this horizon to horizon 4 shot pano which was stitched & processed in Photoshop.......I needed this shot to prove to those that did not attend how awesome it turned out to be - they would not have believed us without the evidence!

post-25657-133877644695_thumb.jpg

Many thx guys!......the full size version looks sweet as it is nigh on 4x 21mp ;-)

Mike, we got SO lucky on Saturday night, at 9pm I thought 'no chance of seeing a star tonight' & then, as if by magic, it all vanished over a very short time frame & we were left with some of the clearest views I've ever had (not saying much as I only started this year!!!). Mike, you need to get yourself down here sometime!

.....I can't believe I'm hearing this right....a bunch of astro nuts liking light pollution in a photo??????!!!! ;-)

.....well, it is just aswell, 'coz i can't get rid of it!!!

Russ, is it the orientation you prefer on the original or the processing???? Really good feedback - because I wasn't 100% sure myself, but I thik I prefer the Landscape layout.....if only I had not cut off the bottom!

Archived