Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Attempt at Jupiter

JohnC64

Here is my first proper go at Jupiter and the faintest hint of one of the moons over towards the left.

I think i need to work on my focusing and also get my head around wavelets in registax 6 but would appreciate any tips from more experienced imagers.

Cheers John

post-24829-133877644441_thumb.jpg

Good first image there :smiley: if that was on the 9th then that moon to the left was Io.

With the wavelets, start with the top one and move the slider until the change in sharpness turns into artifact, then back it off again until the artifact goes away. Repeat for all the sliders.

Another useful thing for planets is to run RGB Align, just hit estimate and see how it looks, if you don't like it hit reset at the top of the box.

Click "Do All" to have it apply any changes to the whole image.

Nice one John

Even a little out of focus all the major detail is standing out nicely

It can be very frustrating trying to achive spot on focus my major cause of headaches

Nice image all the same

Kevin

Wow - I mean WOW

Thank you CloudWatcher for taking the time to look at my image and pull out so much detail. I have to ask... How the devil did you manage that!!! I'm guessing some manipulation of the histogram without overblowing Jupiter in some way. However you did it I'm stunned. I definitly need to go back over my images and start playing some more to see what else I've missed. It was a crop and I've attached the original after stacking, but Jupiter was down in the corner of the frame as I was avoiding a dust bunny that was visible on screen so i think i clipped off any other moons :smiley: . To be honest I wan't expecting to see any where near the level of detail that you have extracted. Again Many thanks

Roger Many thanks for your tips on Registax.

Cheers John

post-24829-133877644794_thumb.jpg

Is the posted image the full frame?

I only ask as if it has been cropped there may be further detail in the background of the original.

As posted,you have a good image of Jupiter with Io far left and Callisto upper centre............:smiley:

shows the focus was not far out,nice image well done

Archived