Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First time saturn with 15 x 70

All I can say is amazing definately worth the wait, could make out the rings but for me it was just knowing what that little dot in the sky was. ;) Shame it was there and gone all too quickly, fingers crossed the sky stays clear, could be a really good night for stargazing!

I've used 15x70 bins for years and never seen any other moons around Saturn apart from Titan.

Hunt down Uranus and Neptune. Easily observed in these bins. Another is the phases of Venus. Easy in daylight. Once the sun is hidden behind houses or similar of course, so you donot sweep onto it.

Saw Jupiter the other night, was really bright through the bins. Unfortunately I've had to send my bins back to Rother Valley Optics as they out of collimation (thought it was a bit strange everything I saw was in double :smiley:) just waiting to get my replacement pair now. I'm itching to get a scope but I want to make sure I know what I'm doing with bins first

I've used 15x70 bins for years and never seen any other moons around Saturn apart from Titan.

Hunt down Uranus and Neptune. Easily observed in these bins. Another is the phases of Venus. Easy in daylight. Once the sun is hidden behind houses or similar of course, so you donot sweep onto it.

A quick internet search would reveal that Titan is in fact the only moon visible through bins. Seem to have somehow convinced myself otherwise. Apoligies. :smiley:

It is very re-assuring to know 15x70 Binoculars, are an excellent choice, and very well suited to observational astronomy.

I bought some Revelation 15x70's on Sunday. Unfortunately, when they arrived on Tuesday, they were damaged beyond belief.

The collimation was that bad you couldn't bring, the two image's together, to merge as one.

I spoke with the supplier yesterday, (I won't say who it is) And they are shipping me a new pair.

These should have, arrived today (guaranteed) but didn't.

I am hoping tomorrow, they will arrive. This time in full working order.

I want to use these for general sky watching, when I don't feel like setting UP the big equipment.

But also. For making Variable Star estimates. And for local weekly dark sky trips.

I am really looking forward to going back to basic's and using these on my tripod.

When I get them that is :)

It's amazing how much better my viewing is with a proper collimated pair of binos, I was getting rather frustrated with my first pair as I kept having to squint! I was able to see the moons of Jupiter very clearly with my first pair I couldn't see them at all :)

Archived