ETX Autostar

Hi Valleyman,

Sounds like good advice. I have never had an issue with the batteries before but there is always a first time!

I have been charging for just over an hour so I will see if that has worked.

If not, off to Maplins!

The 105 takes 8 1.5 AA batteries thats 12 volts.

Rechargeables are 1.2 volt so that means you are giving it 9.6 volts, and possible less current then it needs as well.

Get a decent 12volt mains adaptor for it.

Hi Ronin,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I must admit, I never really thought about the difference in voltage! I will take your advice and get a 12 volt mains adaptor which will hopefully solve the problem.

Thanks again,

Pastiche

Hi CGolder,

Problem solved!! It was dodgy batteries in the end so I think it will have to be a power pack from now on.

Thank you all for your advice ... much appreciated.

From a much relieved Pastiche

power pack is going to be much cheaper in the long run anyway.also as the batteries degrade the goto accuracy declines as well.when you train the drives periodically it will also be a benefit to be using the same power supply as when you are observing.

Sometimes once you start using the external power connector you may find that the ETX will no longer run from batteries - there is a switch built into the DC power socket that disconnects the battery supply when you plug in an external one... it is an absolute nightmare to get at the pcb to try and rectify the fault...

Peter...

Archived