My very first digital astrophoto!

ASIGN_Baz

Hello people,

I just added a new Canon EOS400D camera to the observatory. At this stage I still havent the adaptor to put it into the telescope, but I did practice a few shots using the camera's standard telephoto lens, mounted piggyback on top of the telescope, using the scope as a tracking platform only.

This, amomg many, is an idea of what this camera can do. remember, this is my first night with the camera so the tracking is not perfect and the focus is slightly out. I will be learning how to improve on this in time. I know nothing about this camera, not much about photography in general and even less about how to manipulate the image using software. It took me a couple of hours just to work out how to compress it small enough for emails. This also may atribute a little image quality loss.

image.jpg

Stay tuned on the website for the additions of astrophotos on the astrophotography page.

http://www.aussiepeople.com.au/asignobservatory/

God bless,

Barry.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I will keep you posted.

Blinky, I used the standard 75-300mm telephoto lens that comes with the twin lens kit Canon package.

The astrophotograpy page on my site is getting built right now so I will put images there as I progress.

Baz.

The missus has just said that she is going to buy a DSLR for her business (she needs to get photos for her website). Does the 400D have mirror lockup (I assume that locks the mirror in place before taking the photo to stop camera shake?). And is there anything else good/bad about it for astro use?

Archived