Tonights Moon

Kain

Thought I'd have a bash again at taking a pic through the scope at the crescent moon.

Now I don't know if anyone else finds it difficult to image the Moon at this phase, but I really do! The moon is usually mega over-exposed. I'm really pleased with this shot :)

Finepix S6500fd

F2.8

Shutter speed 30 (whatever that means :?)

Auto focus

50x Mag

image.jpg

Really pleased with it, especially as its with the new camera! I am a little confused what the faint blue shadow is around the centre of the image?

Pleased with it either way :)

Kain

Absolute belter of an image, that, Kain. I really like those craters. Focus - spot on. Exposure - pretty much perfect. Aesthetic value - priceless.

What's a shame is that I can tell you took it through a newt. The dark patch in the middle is your secondary. The dark around the edges is your tube (I think). Not at all sure how to avoid this. I've seen this viewing with my 32mm eyepiece (if I remember correctly).

Andrew

Hey CC

The camera has both AF and MF, though with this picture I used autofocus.

I will try again with the camera on the next clear night for a different phase.

It's all trial and error with this camera really, as I don't understand the technical stuff :)

Kain

Archived