Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

30 sec subs

Daniel-K

TBH with only 12 x 30s subs this is probably about it - you only have 6min worth of data. Unless you stack lots (and I mean lots) you probably wont see much more detail.

Once you get your cable release you'll be able to get at least a couple of min per sub (longer if guided)

thanks digz just wanted to know insted of me sat here trying to get detail that just not there. im not guided yet just polar algined so what kind of exposures should i go for unguided?

Unguided on a 200p, I used to get 2.30 mins with a 25% cast off rate. The focal length was 1000mm. I reckon you'll get 3 mins with a decent success rate from that setup but only with decent polar alignment, scope balancing and and drift alignment. 3 mins will give you good access to all sorts of targets though. 2 minutes does to be honest. Good luck, let us know how you're getting on. ( when we get a clear night!)

Until you get your cable release, have a go at a few globular clusters. They generally show up quite nicely with only 30sec subs. Be prepared to stack loads of them though. You really want to try and get at least an hour on most targets.

might sound like a daft suggestion, but could you not expose for longer using the B setting and put the cap on at the end of the sub then manually press the shutter?

dont i have to keep it locked though

Archived