Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn colour drawing

moondog

This is my second attempt to draw Saturn based on a few nights observing. The first attempt went in the bin!

Mixed media, but mainly watercolour. The banding shouldn't be so prominent, but I'm still learning, plus the scanning seems to have emphasised it a bit. Observed over several nights with TAL 125R 5ins refractor @ F9 with 7mm Lanthanum at 160x.

image.jpg

Click to enlarge

MD

Thanks for the comments. I'll try to do some more drawings of astro objects.

The posted image is less than half the size you can see on the screen. It shows up my shaky lines when it's magnified !

One thing I've noticed is the colour of my posted image. At home on my computer system I've colour calibrated my screen using ImagesPlus. The image on the screen at home shows Saturn's colouring to be the same as the artwork. The screen at work turns the same colours a slightly pinkish hue - I'll obviously have to calibrate the screen at work !

MD

Archived