Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 6960 - QHY8L 2nd light

spanky

So after several weeks of not much dark, bad weather and a bad hip, I finally got out last night for a clear sky. Not letting the full moon put me off, I went for the veil nebula and managed 1hr 45min of 5min guided subs.

I didn't realise this was quite so faint, but my lil 150p seems to have done a pretty good job. This is a great hobby isn't it? :)

post-24246-133877634528_thumb.jpg

This is a really lovely image and a great result. Also I had a quick play and there's much more data in there. Even stretching your jpg shows up more wisps of red and green nebula in the bottom left of the image as well as the main body.

Very nice :)

mark7331 - feel free to post what you did with the jpeg, I'd love to see!

Oh all right then! :BangHead:

I've done a background extraction and a few gentle stretches on the original TIF - it's gentle but the resultant nebula is a little more defined. Along the bottom of the image there are more wisps and with some more data, maybe using slightly longer exposures, I think you'll have a truly amazing image.

Cheers

Mark

post-20393-133877635905_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that! I deffo think that I should have gone for longer subs. I really had no idea this target was so faint. Still, I can always add more if the cloud ever clears!

Archived