Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AstroAdventures

Nexus 6

Yes, great place, an enormous dobsonian and a lovely 8" Intes mounted in an observatory. Sky's are very dark. I went in Feb and had mixed weather.

There are two chalets available. I went with Dark Knight (Carl) and we had the place to ourselves (and family!)

It's a bit tricky to find though!

Hi sponcom, the weather is THE factor with deciding on whether to chance a week down there, my girl will be livid if I book and we get a week of cloud and rain, course thats the chance we all take wherever we go! but she would prefer wall to walll sunshine. :):(

the location and the chance to look through a large dob are my preferencies :)

Devon and Cornwall - it's always a gamble with the weather! I did find that the weather could break on the nights when it wasn't so good and the dob could be out under the stars very quickly.

My wife and I are *so* tempted to set up something similar. Given decent weather it's pretty dark here, but we're less than half an hour from the M5 and we have a barn that did have planning consent for conversion into two holiday cottages at one point. I guess with all these places though the problem is what you do if the weather is rubbish? By their very nature they don't tend to be in places where there's an awful lot else going on...

James

We've been twice and had both good weather and terrible weather. The week when it poured down and was completely cloudy we found lots to keep us occupied within a short distance from the astroadventures site. The guys there are great and the skies really good! Also the equipemnt in situ is great- i bought a intes mak-newt after my last visit and the big dob there is awesome- aperture fever warning!!! Sadly i dont think we'll make it down there again this year as they were booked the week we wanted

Stephen

My wife and I are *so* tempted to set up something similar. Given decent weather it's pretty dark here, but we're less than half an hour from the M5 and we have a barn that did have planning consent for conversion into two holiday cottages at one point. I guess with all these places though the problem is what you do if the weather is rubbish? By their very nature they don't tend to be in places where there's an awful lot else going on...

James

Go for it I reckon- there seems to be a growing market for this sort of 'get away from it all' holiday.

Well I rang to try and book a week around 5.00pm today. Left a message but am still waiting to hear from them.

Hopefully I will have it done tomorrow, preferred to phone and speak to someone rather than sending an e-mail.

Just hope the weather plays ball. :)

Great! I have booked a week!

Willl now get a chance to see some great night sky objects with a nice big scope :)

starts praying for some decent skies.......in a few weeks :)

any other tips from you guys who have been?

Archived