Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PHD Won't start - Application Configuration is Incorrect

After a couple of hours swearing and shouting last night, I decided to reprep my netbook this morning.

I now have a perfectly clean WinXP SP3 install. Installed and tried to run PHD and I get the following error message

CreateProcess failed; code 14001

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Now this is the same problem I had last night, and when I ran Depends.exe against it, several DLLs that PHD was looking for could not be found.

Off the top of my head they included

• IESHIMS.DLL
  • WER.DLL
  • MSCVP90.DLL

So I guess I am missing a dependancy, but for the life of me I can't find any pre requisites for installing PHD?!?

Ready to throw it out the window again, I hope someone can advise :)

Cheers,

Stephen

This is being a right PITA!

Installed VC++ 2K8 Redist - still have missing dependancies (but solved some.)

Installed VC++ 2K5 Redist - still have missing dependancies (but solved some.)

Looks like the last part I'm missing is WINUSB.DLL which is a Window 7 DLL?!?! Off to Google .........

After emailing Craig directly about this, he managed to reproduce the issue. I believe he has uploaded a modified 1.13 build, and plans to fix this properly in a future release.

Moral of the story - always report bugs to developers :)

• 4 months later...

Archived