Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

One for Andy maybe?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read a review that said the Practica bms has a built in light meter & led viewfinder????... I thought thats all it would need the battery for?

Could be wrong though!!!

Rob, according to this site http://interprophoto.com/praktbms.htm the BMS has a mechanical shutter. That's good.

If it's anything like my Pentax K1000, you can remove the battery as you won't need the metering system for astrophotography.

Bad luck on missing out on the previous bid. £7.00 for an SLR is incredibly cheap. Hope you fare better this time, as it looks like a neat job.

Ok... got bid out on the BMS!!!.

Now bidding on a

Minolta SRT 100 B CAMERA!!. see attached details

MINOLTA SLR CAMERA PLUS ACCESSORIES.

SRT 100 B CAMERA

AUTO TELE CONVERTER - MINOLTA SOLIGOR

PANAGOR ZOOM SLIDE DUPLICATOR

MINOLTA ZOOM LENS - F4/200MM

HOODED FILTER - HOYA 55MM SKYLIGHT(1B)

FLASH CABLE

TRIPOD CABLE

A WELL USED CAMERA IN WORKING ORDER, A LITTLE DUSTY BUT WOULD BE AN IDEAL PACKAGE FOR AMATURE PHOTOGRAPHER

Well I've failed to find any concerete information one way or the other. It seems that this camera was manufactured in the 60's & 70's so I would guess that the shutter will be a manual one.

But that's only an educated guess................ :?

Hey Rob, if you win all these camera's you will be able to open a camera shop soon:)

That's just what I was thinking!! :roll:

The price for the OM1 is certainly a bargain at the moment, bearing in mind that it is 'la creme de la creme' camera for astrophotography.

PRAKTICA LTL

http://www.praktica-collector.de/175a_Praktica_LTL_black.htm

Well another perfectly respectable SLR, ideal for astrophotography with its manual shutter operation.

Hopefully, Rob, you'll get much more of a bargain with this one than the OM1. Though it lacks the likes of mirror lock up & interchageable viewing screens, it should still serve you very well for astrophotography.

Rob, you'd be better popping off to your local Jessops (or buying online) & getting one second-hand from there.

OK it may cost a bit more - but at least you'd get the camera before you were wheelchair bound & unable to use it for astrophotography! :)

Let us know what you go for next on e-bay so we can look up the specs (nice to have a thread on something I know a little about still running)! :)

Thank god!... I won it!!! £14 + £6 del!!

Its a PRACTICA MTL5 with the following: this is the ad by the way.. I can speak better english.

THIS IS A LOVELY CLASSIC PRACTICA MTL5 35MM SLR CAMERA WITH PENTACON F1.8 50MM LENS, FRONT LENS CAP, A TELEPLUS AUTO 2X CONVERTER, INSTRUCTION MANUAL & A PRACTICA EVER READY CASE.. THIS SUPERB BIT O'KIT COMES IN VERY GOOD COSMETIC CONDITION.I HAVE TESTED THIS CAMERA & EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE WORKING FINE! BUT I AM UNABLE TO TEST THE METER CAUS IT NEEDS A NEW BATTERY!.. DONT MISS OUT ON THIS BEAUTY CAUS ITS A BARGAIN

Archived