Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter...

Paul G. Abel

Greeting all!

Here's my first Jupiter drawing of the new apparition! Alas I was bothered by clouds at the end of the observation, but I did manage to get down a few of the details...

The SEB seems to be rather dynamic and quite broad now, some lovely structures and colours present on the disk.

I'm sure another interesting Jupiter apparition is in store for us!

Jupiter_030711_PAbel.jpg

Nice one Paul.

Great to see Jupiter back in the morning sky. I was out on it about 20 minutes after you this morning - like you, my first observation of the new apparition. A glorious sight, and confirms to me once again that Jupiter is king of the planets in a telescope.

Superb sketch. More detail than I was able to pull out. The SEB is indeed broad and not as intensely coloured as the NEB. I was intrigued by its grey tones compared to the dark brown of the NEB too.

Very nice sketch. I haven't had a go at planetary sketching yet but am waiting for Jupiter to be visible a little earlier in the night. Do you have standard pencil colours to use for the features? Which colours do you chose?

Archived