Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M81 and M82 Group

TakMan

M81 (Bode's Galaxy), M82 (Cigar Galaxy), and NGC3077

(with just the faintest hint of Holmberg IX... :D )

Details:

RGB One Shot Colour

Just under 8 hours worth of data: 47x 600sec light exposures - Taken over five nights(!!!) way back in April....

Flats(+Bias), Darks processed

Tak FSQ106-ED @ native - 530mm/f.5

SBIG 4000XCM - OSC self guiding @ -20c

IDAS-V2 filter

Tak EM400 mount

Control via 17" G4 Apple Powerbook running MicroProjects Equinox 6 (mount control) and Image (camera control/image acquisition).

Pre-processed, aligned and stacked in Nebulosity2.

Post Processing in PhotoShop CS3 + Noel's Actions

This is a 'v2' version as the first go went a little astray shall we say.... still not completely happy (perhaps another session next year and 10+ more hours would help.... :hello2: we'll see...)

Thanks for looking....

Damian

post-16760-133877625135_thumb.jpg

post-16760-133877625146_thumb.jpg

Nice work Damian, I especially like the latest version, and the fact that you've caught the 3rd galaxy.

minte222......'Making every photon count' by Steve Richards (Steppenwolf) is a great book to get.

Rob

Thanks folks very much for the thumbs up!

I'm slowly catching up with processing my data - only M101 to sort now....

I've not been outside recently (or particularly active on here - sorry), due to the fact both parents have been ill....

Unfortunately (having taken mum for the first time in nearly three weeks to see him), dad won't be leaving hospital. If he does it may only be for a few weeks in a nursing home.... only time now will tell.

I suppose it comes to us all eventually.....

So, my best wishes - and clear (if not really dark) skies to you all.... roll on autumn!

Damian

Nice work Damian, I especially like the latest version, and the fact that you've caught the 3rd galaxy.

minte222......'Making every photon count' by Steve Richards (Steppenwolf) is a great book to get.

Rob

thanks RobH :)

Thanks folks very much for the thumbs up!

I'm slowly catching up with processing my data - only M101 to sort now....

I've not been outside recently (or particularly active on here - sorry), due to the fact both parents have been ill....

Unfortunately (having taken mum for the first time in nearly three weeks to see him), dad won't be leaving hospital. If he does it may only be for a few weeks in a nursing home.... only time now will tell.

I suppose it comes to us all eventually.....

So, my best wishes - and clear (if not really dark) skies to you all.... roll on autumn!

Damian

Sorry to hear about your parents Damian....unfortunately, it's an inevitable part of aging.....all the best to you in a difficult time.

Rob

Archived