Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Revelation Dual Speed Focuser

As TH knocked the prices down, I purchased one of the Revelation dual speed crayford focusers for my 200P. Sunday night was the first chance I had to get out and test the full set up.

Despite my DSLR now being able to achieve focus, everything else (Hyperion 8mm, 17mm, stock 25mm) now needs an extension tube (35mm)

Is this expected or do I have an issue with the scope?

Thanks!

Yes you are going to need an extension tube, preferable a 2" type", with a new low-profile focuser. Fortunately they're not too expensive.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/two-inch-focus-extension-tubes.html

John

Thankfully already had one, picked up a 2" compression ring one off ABS last month.

Nice to know it's not a fault somewhere :hello2:

Its a very nice focuser for the price.

I think it is a bit of steal :hello2:

The only proper niggle I have is my 2" barlow does seem to be extremely "snug" to fit in the focuser. I don't know if this is the fault of the barlow or the focuser though to be honest.

Shortly I should have the funds for a panaview so I can see then if that is as snug as the barlow.

sometimes I find that certain eyepieces snag in the compression ring but think this is just very slightly different tolerances in the manufacture of the eyepieces. I generally find that it's because I have not loosened the set screw quite enough.

I have also just realised that my Paracorr will not fit into the drawtube all the way as there's a ridge about 50mm or so down. I might get this removed eventually on a lathe.

I wonder how long TH will have them at that clearance price? I can only assume that somewhere along the supply chain someone is seriously overstocked with this focuser. The SCT version has stayed at the full price.

John

sounds right John. maybe it's also the impact of the new SW scopes having a dual speed crayford on them and thus people are less inclined to replace the focuser? that said, there must still be lots of folk with a R&P still.

Archived