Better M42 than last time

Kai

HI Kai , coming together nicely mate , tracking looks good , now just one point ,why the 0111, surely this cuts a lot of the neb down , think u would be better off with the cls or even the HA on that one , using the Ha would allow longer exposures and better detail in the core , and some outer stuff , then cls for outer combine the two and you should find an even better image , but it coming good Kai, keep them coming , pity m42 is on the way out .

Rog

Wasnt thinking with the OIII Rog,just playing

Tbh i should really start planning my sessions, maybe one day :).

I need to do a session completely dedicated to imaging/visual rather than mix it up :?

Next clear night i will try longer subs and more concentration ....promise :salute:

They are great Kai. Tracking is looking good. I agree with Rog - CLS filter. The tracking looks great. Put those in the bank and get some more (maybe next year now). You know you can go for 90 secs now without any trouble.

Cheers Guys :)

The weird thing is that these were taken whilst pointing towards Canterbury (Lot of light polloution) around about 8.30 last night yet there doesnt (to me) see like a lot of L/P in the image. ???

Martin

I think i will do this do death now until i cant see it anymore as its all practise and i can see the improvement to measure it against.But i do want to image some galaxies,do you have a suggestion for a nice easy one ?? towards the south/southeast thats not too low down. I thought i would have a go at NGC 2903 ?? what do you think ??

The improvement in your work is quite plain to see Kai, and Rog gave qualified advice there.

You know in your own mind that planning a session is a must activity, knowing what you are going to do in advance is one key to a good result.

But, you are on a roll now, so just keep the momentum going.

Ron. :)

Not a thing wrong with Ngc 2903, either, imho. Beautiful galaxy!

It is a beautiful galaxy Astroman that i managed to do a complete injustice too the other night imaging :)

I will have another go when i get some clear skies as last night there was a lot of hi cloud.

Archived