NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Suggested current viewing targets for C9.25

Hi

As Saturn is just about leaving us regarding imaging and Jupiter is not just yet upon us. I was wonderring what people would suggest I target to view through my C9.25. I'll hopefully be out viewing (when weather permits!) at sundown till around 0100/ 0200, any suggestions...............?:)

You have a very nice scope and one which is on my future shopping list, may I suggest you acquire a copy of the paperback book "Illustrated guide to Astronomical wonders" that should keep you busy for a bit and is a well recommended observing aid, a step up from TL@O :)

John.

Hello Kev - The C9.25 is a lovely scope and I am sure you are going to have so much pleasure with it. I had my best view of Saturn with this SCT and some Pentax EPs - so sharp.

To get to your question. There are many great Globs to view at the moment. M3, M5, M13 and M92. You could also seek out the Globs in Ophiuchus M10, M12 and M14. To test your obtics and collimation pick a few doubles, so many to choose from, but have a look here.

Double Stars - TOP 200 most beautiful double stars

Finally over the coming months Uranus and Neptune will be good to try and view.

Mark

Briiliant Mark

Thanks for that, it's just the advice/ recommendations I'm after. I'll add these to the spreadsheet I have of targets, I think of few are already on there you have mentioned but wasn't sure of availability this time of year.

Thanks again

Hi Kev, as Mark says, try some of the many globular clusters up there, I had the cpc 925 out the other night having a good look at several of them.

Saturn was been a superb sight this year at times, I hope for the same views when Jupiter arrives :)

Michael,

What a fantastic piece of software that is! Thanks for sharing it with me, really appreciated :)

happy to help. Just wish it was a sticky so more people could use it. I find it an essential bit of kit and have it printed out and put in a4 plastic sleeves when observing. Perfect for starcamps.

Archived