Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Need help...again

guys, is there a section of this site or some kinda wiki where i can find out what an accessory does (ex: filter is doing this, barlow that..etc)...pls let me know, or guide me where to look. thanks ! :)

Don't worry about asking for help. We all love to do it! I find that most introductory books to astronomy have a very well organized guide. My first book entitled, "Nightwatch" came complete with the details you are looking for. As for something online,.. all I could find was the following: ---> Astronomy Reference Guide and Astronomy Information on Sea and Sky

Isabelle

guys, is there a section of this site or some kinda wiki where i can find out what an accessory does (ex: filter is doing this, barlow that..etc)...pls let me know, or guide me where to look. thanks ! :)

Vali x, you could try 'Equipment Help' in SGL... I agree with Isabelle, :) too

I like using the search facility on the forum, at the top on the toolbar..failing that, just post your question in the right section! ;) Someone will always be willing to aid you!

Apart from asking any relevant question related to a particular item on the forum, you could visit your local library and find a copy of The Back Yard Astronomers guide, Dickinson and Dyer, where most of the basic information you are after is covered. You can also buy this book S/h or new from Amazon, as a permanent reference guide. T. Dickinson by the way is also is the author of Night Watch, as mention by Isabelle :)

John.

i believe i will make a trip to a local book store and buy the book. i read good reviews about it and i want to have in my personal collection. thank you for your help

Archived