Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Crescent Nebula

martin_h

Hey Martin.

Dont be too hard on yourself.Thats a lovely image,and yes i think there is more that could be pulled out of it,but if i achieved that quality, i would be really chuffed.

I find incorporating H-Alpha data into an image is not easy.

So well done.

Mick.

It isn't as sharp as your Ha image, if I remember?

I found doing HaO111RGB with Jordan last year that there is something funny going on with the colour with this palette/target. I got colours very like yours and felt some doubts about them. The same palette on the Veil gives a perfectly natural looking result.

Like you I felt a bit 'Hey-ho.'

Olly

It isn't as sharp as your Ha image, if I remember?

I found doing HaO111RGB with Jordan last year that there is something funny going on with the colour with this palette/target. I got colours very like yours and felt some doubts about them. The same palette on the Veil gives a perfectly natural looking result.

Like you I felt a bit 'Hey-ho.'

Olly

I think its down to the blend proportions, a bit hit and miss at the moment, considering I dont realy know how to do it, just sticking bits in here and there and see what it looks like.

Nearly missed this one! Very nice :)

Was this from your twin shooter setup? Any chance of throwing in some OIII? You could try separate Ha/OIII and RGB stacks then merge the two, might be worth a go but its getting insanely close to the solstice now (21st).

I've not tried any blending of NB and RGB but what you've achieved looks good to me. You've got some really big exposure times so I reckon you could push the curves a bit more. I just pushed the red and blue curves and decreased the green slightly and got the following (hope you don't mind me experimenting with your picture, difficult to explain without the pic!), maybe that's been pushed too far? I think your combination of RGB and Ha is very good.

Cheers,

Rich.

post-13484-133877617022_thumb.jpg

Archived