Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First picture attempt..ever! :)

Karlos

Afocally (I think is the word). First time looking at the moon, got so excited thought I'd give my first picture a go too :( I'm pretty happy about it!

Touched a little in gimp. I tried changing the constrast, using unsharp and changing the colour balance to try and hide the blue halo at the bottom. What do you think, any tips for lunar shots? :)

post-25468-133877614461_thumb.jpg

Thanks.

Erm, its a fairly old camera Sony Digital DSC-P150

Its has these options...

Focus: Infinity, 7m, 3m, 1m, 0.5m, Centre AF, Multi AF

Metering mode (?): Spot, Multi

White Balance (Displayed as pictures): Auto, Bulb, Cloud , Sun, Flashlight

ISO: Auto, 100, 200, 300, 400

Sharpness: +/-

Saturation: +/-

Contrast: +/-

Exposure: +2.00EV down to -2.00EV

Hope this helps for others to help :)

And... yes I did use the point and shoot (Shuffles out...:()

Thanks Isabelle, Psychobilly and twotter :(

I'm definately pleased with it, and I was starting to thinking that camera was useless.... turns out.. it was me all this time! :)

Very good for a first image. The moon was also the first thing i snapped. I used my 5 mp camera on my phone and they came out really well. I use a pic of the moon in a blue sky as my desktop image. Well done.

Thanks for your encouraging replies :)

Adamski, I was so tempted to take a blue moon yesterday early evening, but when I look it was just a touch too early for my scope to get the contrast and clarity, and unfortunately had a load of stuff to do to wait it out awhile.... typical! :(

My filters have arrived today so I'm mightily (A word? :S) eager to test it out although the weather has been changing today so unpredictably I think I have been cursed :eek:

as said the first pic is always remembered. this pic is what i would term a bench mark, as all other pics you take will be guided by this pic, and as first pics go its a good one.

sorry i dont know the camera, but mine is a samsung nv4 8 mp with similiar settings, apart from i have no control over shutter speed, thats all in with the shot and settings i make on the camera.

from here thngs can only get better (trial and error) good luck and clear skys

peter.

Cheers for the advice Peter, I think I will do that - Try systematically taking images with different settings, although I won't be expecting a great deal apart from the moon shots, thankfully I don't think I will get bored of imaging it, tis a beauty :)

Think I'll have to look towards a DSLR in the future :icon_eek:

Archived