Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

people in liverpool

Daniel-K

just woundering is any one going any were this weekend to observe would like to meet more people in and around liverpool about astronomy some times gets lonely talking to your self lol :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi melibum its jimmythemoonlight nice to hear someone from our city for a change so far its all woolies there is a astro meeting in school lane city centre every third friday of the each month the next one is the 17th of this month i will be going cos im a newbie and need to learn an awful lot so i might see you there

hi melibum its jimmythemoonlight nice to hear someone from our city for a change so far its all woolies there is a astro meeting in school lane city centre every third friday of the each month the next one is the 17th of this month i will be going cos im a newbie and need to learn an awful lot so i might see you there

Whats wrong with woolies, they will probabley know more than you.

Whats wrong with woolies, they will probabley know more than you.

Yes :)

Come along to our wednesdays LAS meeting at Pex Hill, Widnes (yes with the woolies...)

We are a friendly bunch, Brendan is the observatory Manager just ask for him when you get there.

Mark

Yes :)

Come along to our wednesdays LAS meeting at Pex Hill, Widnes (yes with the woolies...)

We are a friendly bunch, Brendan is the observatory Manager just ask for him when you get there.

Mark

i go pex hill on a wed but no one stays long enough :) by half 11 or 12 people are packed up

Things will get better as the nights close in, the AS (Heaton Park in Manchester) I'm in is closed from when the clocks go forwards in March to October when they go back, it's just too light in the evening, and not much to do, plus it's something to look forward to when it start's up again.

Come autumn time I'm up Pex hill well into the early hours.

Also the observatory is generally open quite a few other nights, not just Wednesday for the AS members plus trips the delamere forest and up to Denbigh moors for some darker skies.

Mark

....... the next one is the 17th of this month .....

Oh no there isn't, the monthly meetings have finished until September 2011 but the weekly Wednesday Evenings at the Lieghton Observatory, Cronton, continue throughout the year.

Regards from Dave Galvin.

The Guys and Gals from Salford AS are still at it through summer on Wed nights , i often head up there from Ormskirk , and they are a very friendly bunch. Well worth a visit.

Is there a public open night at Widnes/Cronton ?

Wednesday evenings, rain or shine (usually the former) are open to visitors. The official time is 19:00 to 21:00 but we never chase anybody away. :-)

Despite the mention that we are gone by 23:00 or 24:00 I should point out that it is, in fairness, a mid week evening and several of the organisers are in full time employment and require some sleep time. :-)

I live in Runcorn and have driven up to Pex Hill during the day. Do people take their own equipment on a Wednesday night, like a star party or is it more of just a meeting or something??...I may be intersted if I could take my equipment and set up with others and their equipment...could get some questions answered from those more experianced

Jiggy, You are welcome to bring your own equipment and set up with others. The Wednesday meetings are very informal and 'down to earth'. We are all dependent upon the weather and always willing to share and learn from each other.

I will not beat around the bush but will say that we would prefer visitors of three visits or more consider joining our society and for (currently) £15 per session I am sure that you will get your monies worth.

Regards from Dave.

Thanks Dave, it looks really interesting, I think I will pay a visit to the next meeting, I have no problem with joining, in fact I would really like to get involved in a society and looking at your webby, I doubt there is much better and with such history

I am trying very hard not to hijack this thread :-)

I should add that several SGLers are now members of the Liverpool A.S and share the best of both worlds and, as always, you can involve yourself as much as you wish. I look forward to meeting you on a Wednesday soon.

Regards from Dave.

Hi mark, I think that was me but you know how busy it gets up there (and noisy too) and I am sure I recognise the face behind those sunglasses :-)

I can never get use to calling people by their forum names, always sounds silly, I much prefer to use the names given to us by our parents.

• 3 weeks later...
just woundering is any one going any were this weekend to observe would like to meet more people in and around liverpool about astronomy some times gets lonely talking to your self lol ;)

Hello Danny,

Nice to meet you at Pex Hill last night, great to put a face to the name.

Roll on Autumn :D

Archived