Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone tried photography through a Dobsonian?

Im currently in the process of buying a skywatcher 200p Dob and just wanted to know if any one has had any luck with imaging through a Dob

I primarily chose a Dob for observing but as a keen photographer I was just curious as to what images (if any) i can expect if i give imaging ago.

I came across this websote of a guy who has had a ago and the results are pretty impressive

Hi franco

You can image bright objects, Moon, Planets and even Webcams of the ISS though a Dob as these only require a short exposure. However you need to use a longer exposure and track the sky to record fainter objects such as nebulae and galaxies.

Dave

Like eagleseye says, ok for planetary and lunar, not really the instrument of choice for dso's. Check some of space cowboy's images taken with his tracking dob, they are awesome. I've taken some planetary images with mine, but not to his standards.

Archived