NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What method do you use to connect your QHY5 to ST80

Uplooker

How do you connected your QHY5 and ST80. Do you:-

1. Use the nosepiece on the camera and insert this into the diagonal and then insert the diagonal into the eyepiece holder?

2. Use the nosepiece on the camera and insert this into the eyepiece holder, omitting the diagonal?

3. Unscrew the eyepiece holder from the scope and the nosepiece on the camera and screw the camera straight onto the focus tube of the scope?

4. AN Other method.

Method 3 seems to make most sense as it would reduce flexure between scope and camera, but not sure if you can achieve focus without the diagonal and or nosepiece.

look forward to hearing your experiences.

well not the same gear but same principle.

I connect a 80mm extension to my 2" focuser then using the 2" to 1.25" adapter and the 1.25" nose piece on the camera I connect it all together.

when i used a ST80 I used the supplied Barlow with glass removed as the extension.

I use the same method as Carole. I used the Barlow that came with the ST80, unsrewed the lens and used the plastic piece left over as an extension fitted to the QHY5 nosepiece. This was then inserted straight into the ST80 (no diagonal). Focus was achieved with the ST80 drawtube fully extended and the Barlow tube about halfway along the QHY5 tube.

Archived