Wispy Wispy

Kai

Happy Birthday Kai.

As for the image, exposure looks good, tracking looks good, framing looks good, it's just a hair out of focus. Good focus on a DSLR is a black art that I have managed three times by accident. The core? Well it will always do that if you're going to get wispy bits, the dynamic range in M42 makes it a burger to image if you want the core AND the wispies.

BTW I put together a "how-to" on DSLR focusing and still can't get it to work. It's in the learning zone bit I think, so that might give you some tips. It's written by a non-expert who can rob loads of ideas and put them in one place without having tried any of them. :lol:

Captain Chaos

Hi Kai Herb

An observation if I may. I am a Watercolour Artist and some times teach learners and many times I hear them say that the painting they have produced is rubbish. I alway reply that to them it may look rubbish but to others, who do not paint, your are a Van Gogh. As a parallel to astronomy I think that it is unbelievable that anyone can take any picture of an object the size of a grain of sand, in space. Show your pic to your friends, they will think that your are a genius and stop comparing your work with the Rembrandts of Astronomy, if you get my meaning. If I compared my paintings with some other artists I would probably pack it all up. But no, I am satisfied that I enjoy my work, and pleased with my limited efforts.

Archived