Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Starlight Feathertouch upgrade

Hi all

I decided to treat the FS-102 to a new focuser so I opted for the Feathertouch retro-fit from Starlight.

With the exchange rate at the moment - I hate to say it but it was cheaper including shipping and tax to get it direct from Indiana.

Anyway - installed it this morning in about an hour. The instructions were very clear - Wayne at SL actually emailed me them over before I made the purchase as I had a few questions regarding the process.

So all in all very pleased with it.

....and just in time for the UK monsoon season.

I have one on order right now for my new WO FLT98 - can't wait to 'join the club'. Even if it is cloudy, I can spend the evening fondling the Feathertouch .....

You'll soon be a fully paid up member of the FTA (Feathertouch Twiddlers Association) ;)

John

Thanks for the confirmation, John - it was a tough decision to make, especially as the FLT98 has the nice new DDG focuser as standard ......

That "nice new DDG focuser" will seem like it belongs on one of those £9.95 eBay scopes in comparison to the the FT. ;)

Once you've used an FT rack and pinion focuser everything else suffers in comparison. :o

John

Hi All

Thanks

Just the dual speed retro-fit. With the Tak original although it was only single speed, everything would usually snap into focus - with only minor movements needed. But for me that was the problem as well esp below 0° when the metal contracted.

And yes I already do keep playing with the focuser and thinking "is that the right amount of backlash - can I make the motion any smoother? - hmmh"

Cheers

Mark

Archived