Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Where to start - Lunar 100 list

harriri2000

Hi Guys,

I'm just about to start tackling the Lunar 100 list. Where do I start...I know there is a Lunar x (which I dont think is on the list)and I have found out via the internet where it is. buy apart from that thats about all I know regarding the list. what is the main one that everyone wants to see, or is there other stuff like Lunar X.

Thanks for your time.;)

hi Richard

In general terms the Lunar 100 starts easier and ends harder in number order. This is not always accurate but works well enough. Some targets will be in shadow at any one time or need certain lighting to see well so they are of course not all visible all the time.

Just have a go at a few and you'll soon get going.

Good luck

Shane

Just google Lunar 100 and you should find a guide to what is on the list. However some are very hard to find,

If you also Google Lunar guide you will find a map of the moon which will guide you as to what your looking at.

Download "Virtual Lunar Atlas" - its free!! and use that to find your way around the Moon. It also shows the phase quite accurately so you can see if a particular object is on the sunlit part and therefore visible. You can also orientate the Moon on your screen so it is the "same way round" as the image in your eyepiece - which can be a great help if you are learning your way around. Additionally it shows the correct "libration" (wobble) of the Moon so you can see parts near the edge of the disc that may be presented well for viewing.

Archived