NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ3-2 polarscope.... get it fitted to the mount:S:S

hey guys i had my new polar scope for my new EQ3-2 mount today but i cant for the life of me see any way of actually getting it to fit it seems the mount was made "for a different polar scope??" im not sure iv got some pics to show you what i mean

post-21834-133877603933_thumb.jpg

post-21834-133877603941_thumb.jpg

Join our band of confused.

Several of us had this issue. You need to take out the old hardware, as you can see from your pictures your new polarscope has a circular scale but you stlll have one on the mount. You need to unscrew the old one and screw in the replacement.

See here for pictures of what to do

I got mine today too.

As StevieDVD says above, just unscrew the old holder and screw in your polar scope, takes 10 secs..

I didn't need to use a pipe wrench, mine unscrewed easily.

If you look closely you will see a locking collar secured with a couple of grub screws (below the `3` in the piccy)....

Undo them with a small slotted screwdriver and unscrew the collars to remove the old eyepeice holder..;)

post-18998-133877604298_thumb.jpg

there we go all done and fitted :o thanks for the help guys ;)

but one more question i have, and thats using it. iv read the instructions on how to use it and that u turn the dial inside so the little hold on the ring is where polaris is but how exactly do you turn it, when i turn it the whole unit moves:S am i missing somthing?

Archived