Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

StarSharp Bahtinov focus masks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All orders for Bahtinov focus masks have been processed and dispatched, other than three 10-inch masks (we ordered some pizza-style boxes for the 10-inch and larger masks but they haven't arrived) and one destined for a BFPO address in Germany.

All sizes are now in stock.

starsharp_bahtinov_focusing_mask.jpg

This has been a remarkably successful product launch, thank-you for your support :eek:

Yes, there is a chance. The boxes should arrive by courier tomorrow, if they arrive before 3pm there will be time for us to dispatch the masks same-day.

We have been using First Class mail but we'll send these out via Fedex overnight :eek:

Steve

Arrived today and is a fine piece. Thanks for the quick service :eek:

One thing...I ordered the 120 Equinox and this mask has a little sticker on with ED127 and the 7 crossed out and a zero put in. Wouldn't have taken much effort to replace it (if it was an error) so I'm wondering if I got a 127 version and, if so, is it still optimized for this scope? ;)

All the best

Arrived today and is a fine piece. Thanks for the quick service ;)

One thing...I ordered the 120 Equinox and this mask has a little sticker on with ED127 and the 7 crossed out and a zero put in. Wouldn't have taken much effort to replace it (if it was an error)

I am guessing that sticker was a note to us that should have been removed prior to dispatch ;)

so I'm wondering if I got a 127 version and, if so, is it still optimized for this scope? ;)
Yes, both the Equinox-120 and Meade 127 have f7.5 focal-ratios and dewshield diameters within a whisker of each other. The mask is optimised and will work perfectly :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Steve,

I've been interested in these masks for my big refractor, but it is a bit unusual, 133mm f/12 scope (1600mm focal length), and my dew shield is rather large compared to the scope's aperture. (You can see my "little 'frac" <HERE>)

So, two questions:

1. I don't see anything near my aperture and focal length, if something on the regular list won't do the job, do you have 'custom' masks available?

2. As I'm in the states, is there a problem with ordering/shipping etc?

Thanks for your help,

Dan

Hello Steve,

I've been interested in these masks for my big refractor, but it is a bit unusual, 133mm f/12 scope (1600mm focal length), and my dew shield is rather large compared to the scope's aperture. (You can see my "little 'frac" <HERE>)

So, two questions:

1. I don't see anything near my aperture and focal length, if something on the regular list won't do the job, do you have 'custom' masks available?

2. As I'm in the states, is there a problem with ordering/shipping etc?

Thanks for your help,

Dan

1. If you let us know the diamater of your dewshield we'll have one made specially for your telescope :p

2. No problem at all :D

HTH,

Steve

Hi Guys

How many of you that have bought one of these masks purely use them for visual observing and how effective have they been compared to focusing without them ?

I am torn as to whether to get one for my 12" flextube dob or my 250px which i use for imaging.

Unless of course i could adapt the larger one to also work on the 250px :D

Graham

There are a number of triplets around at the moment under a variety of names that are essentially the same telescope. Perhaps it is related to the Meade 80mm f6 triplet, we have masks for that one in stock. If you let us know the diameter of the dew-shield we can then be sure :)

I am torn as to whether to get one for my 12" flextube dob or my 250px which i use for imaging.

Unless of course i could adapt the larger one to also work on the 250px :)

I have spoken with Keith. This question hasn't come up before. You would need to drill 2 new holes to hang it by, approx 15mm closer to the slots than the current ones. So long as you are careful not to crack the Perspex you should be okay. (If you can initially hang it in front of the smaller telescope for testing, without drilling holes, you will be welcome to return it if found to be unsatisfactory). In theory it will work and the slots will be a little wider than optimum which will result in a slightly brighter pattern.

Hope that helps :)

Archived