NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Accessory case

Hi everyone,

I think i need to buy/make a case to keep all of my accessories in. (EPs, barlows, tools, bits and bobs)

i was just wondering what other people on here use, to give me some ideas what i should get.

Photos would be very helpful too.

Thanks in advance

A 6" x 9" tin a bottle of guiness and glass came in. I cut some 1" foam to take my 3 ep's (count them! 3 whole ep's!) x2 barlow, lunar filter and spare batteries for my red dot finder.

Travelling light and all that. ;)

Maplins flight cases £19.99 on offer ;)

Ill second that.

My EP set came in one and I ended up buying one of these to keep my guider in and few other bits and bobs. Reckon I might need another one soon....

I went for the flight case that brantuk mentioned. It is foam filled that you can push down/cut to size. I only got the small one but it still manages 3 eyepieces, 2 barlows, laser pen, moon filter, compass, laser colimator and still got room for a few more things. I would say it is about two thirds full at the moment. I also use the case for putting my laptop/coffee on (not usually both though as that's just asking for trouble.) ;)

thanks.

I have found an old biscuit tin to use for the time bieng, and some polystyrene in the shed that i might use to make cutouts for everything.

I will probably get one of those flight cases when my kit starts to expand a bit.

Archived