Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn - 10th May

hayju01

Seeing last night here seemed excellent, almost no wind and no cloud. Mount was tracking like an absolute dream :D

So I have to say I am a little disappointed with this image considering the above but given more processing (when I'm not rushing to get to work :p - only 1 x 4min sub) I can get it looking better, any advice most welcome.

Saturn 10_05_2011 21_31_53.tif

Thanks guys you're too kind :-)

Yes gain of 3 is correct but yes it should be ALOT higher, I have some more captures at gain 32 and will try and process those later, gives me something to do on my conference calls ;-)

So here's a barlowed image from last night (10th May) where I had the gain about right at 32, and 5subs of 5mins.

Now this IS an improvement ;)

post-24560-133877603176_thumb.jpg

Registax'd and CS5'd.

Any suggestions on how to improve always welcome.

Justin

Thanks Dylan. The scope is FANTASTIC!!!

Even if i were to put it down today and never pick it up again (and thats NEVER gonna happen) the use/experience it has already given me has been well worth the money :-)

Have WO SPL 3mm here to try out tonight, can't wait :-)

Archived