Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn - 25th April

hayju01

This is my first use of AVISTACK and I am impressed seemed more intuitive than Registax.

Here are two images the first straight out of AVISTACK, the second wavelet tweaks in AS and the third after processing with Painstshop.

My trouble is i dont know what looks good, by that I mean I tweak something and I'm not sure if its improved it or not (I suffer with when focusing too :D) unless it looks real bad I have no idea what if anything is changing.

Any advice most welcome.

Justin

post-24560-133877596962_thumb.png

post-24560-13387759697_thumb.png

saturn 25_04_2011 23_14_16_pp.tif

C9.25 is still on its way to me this was taken with my Konus 90mm and SPC900 (flashed) using SharpCap

YUY2

Exp: -6

Gain: 37

Gamma: 15

I have tried with Gain higher at around 70% (45) but it look to bright/over exposed.

I have one taken same night with similar settings but with no gain, i'll give that a bit of processing and post the result later.

I sure hope so else the wife will kill me the amount of cash i spent on it :D

I'd read about zero gamma, hence the test the other night.

Thanks Clayton I'm very pleased with them too and i guess the misses is too else I would have got the approval for the c9.25 :-)

Looking good there. I've used Sharpcap to image Saturn and it does seem that the image looks over exposed when the settings are ideal, in the drop down box usually labeled "No Tranform" if you select "Over Exposed" and adjust your exposure and gain when it gets over exposed you will see red blips appear on the image. Adjust the gain down a bit so you dont see red blips.

The "Focus Score" can also aid in getting your focus right, I have found if you try to get the focus number as low as possible as you adjust your focuser and then adjust the webcam settings and flip between "Focus Score" and "Over Exposed" to check before capture.

Archived