Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Following the heads up, I popped out onto the helideck where it proved to be reasonably clear, Vega bright above me I made myself comfy and sheilded as much light as I could from my eyes and spent about 30 minutes watching.

I saw dozens, very subtle, they are, almost as if my eyes were playing tricks on me, but no doubt about it. Radiating from Lyra, a few couple of bright streaks, a few bright specks where they were obviously coming straight down and a lot of really faint ones. I could have stayed out longer but need to get back to bed for a couple of hours... very nice but nothing like the other meteor showers I have seen.

Wow, thats a lot of meteors, well done!!

I was also out for 1 1/2 hrs, taking some planet pics, but was keeping a look out for some Lyrids.

Sky was very light with a nearly full Moon, and I only saw 1 meteor, which came from the south.

Am sure if I settled into a chair and just looked for meteors I would have seen a few more. :)

Most were very faint, I almost ignored them as tricks of the light, but they were so frequent that I realised they were actually there. Sometimes I'd see 3 or 4 simultaneously, radiating from Lyra. There were only a few that 'caught' my eye as meteors usually do.

Archived