SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skyliner 150 6" Parabolic Dobsonian telescope

Hi all ive been spending alot of time reading and researching and i just wanted some opinions of this scope! Skyliner 150 6" Parabolic Dobsonian, it has some great reviews and have been recommended to me aswell, its not a bad price eather! anyways hope you guys can let me know what you think thanks.

It's a good scope. optically there is nothing better for the price. If you spend more you can get bigger which will show you more. But if that is your budget there really is nothing better and a 6 inch scope will show you plenty. I would also join the list of good reviews. Patrick Moore likes skywatcher scopes and if they are good enough for him to endorse, they are good enough for me.

Hi

A 6"Dob is an ideal starter scope. It will show the Moon, planets and many deep sky objects well.

They're pretty robust, light and about as portable as you can get.

The longer f/8 ratios mean that collimating is painless and will normally stay put for a considerable time unless the scope is really bashed. Cheaper eyepieces will perform ok too.

Set up time is simply as long as it takes to walk outside with it.

All in all a great choice.

Regards Steve

A very capable instrument indeed. You're in a win win situation too.

If you are buying at a fair price, you are likely to get most of your outlay back should upgrade to a larger aperture in future.

The 150's hold their price well.

Ron.

Great choice - I have one and it's a fantastic scope, I think you will be impressed by the quality in such a reasonably priced scope - super easy to use and perfect for beginners.

Enjoy!!!!

Thanks mate cant wait to get it! plus its nice to here from someone who has got that actual one i'll let you know how i get on with it when it arrives and i get it up and running! plus if i need any help i'll come ask you!:)

great telescopes

for me, i would stick with an F5, they can give what the slower scopes can but you wont get the field of view from a slow one as you would the fast.

as for collimation, nowt to worry about there, its pretty simple, especially with a laser collimator

unfortantly it was out of stock! so i have cancelled the order as they aint getting any for a long time so i will eather have t go for another one or find some where that has fast delivery and got it back in stock if yopu guys can help please do thanks!

Most dealers have Optical Vision send these directly to the customer, so unless a dealer has one in stock you'll probably find you get the same answer from most places. Might be worth PM'ing FLO to see if they can help you out :)

I have the 200P dob, perfect for newbies like myself and it just fits across the back seat of the car - any bigger and I would of been stuffed!

Cracking scope - cheap price - not too big to carry/transport - Crayford focuser - win/win situation for me!!

Archived