Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How often does it happen? shooting stars

Celeste

That you see a shooting star when observing? I was just out looking at Jupiter whilst I could and a shooting star went right across my EP....it was far too fast for a satellite. To say I went OHHHHH lol is an understatement :p I often see satellites slowly floating past but this was very fast zoooooooooooom lol. No chance of it being a plane, not unless some secret service somewhere has developed a new superspeed craft :D

So the question is how often does it happen? I'm hoping for more it was something really cool ;)

i was having a play with my dad's camera last night, piggybacked and just doing a few wide angle shots of orion and cought one in one of the shots, as well a plane that decided it needed to fly right across the whole area i was shooting lol

Although I like to watch during showers, the best I have seen are just those chance things. The best one was many years ago, couldn't sleep, drew curtains and just watched. Amazing fireball, not your normal quick straight streek but slowing and clearly falling to earth in a curve, small flash and gone. A real sense of perspective to see the last seconds of a billion year old space rock! Wonderful aren't they!

Archived