Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 Ha

The_Sarge

Hi All,

with moon full and bright only option was to gather Ha data.

The skies didn't clear till late so decided to start an M42 project.

FSQ106 @f/3.6 STT-8300M Baader Ha filter.

100x10sec Ha for the core.

8x600s Ha for the extended nebulosity.

40 darks and 60 flats for calibration.

Stacked in DSS and processed in pixinsight.

Final touches and blending of the core data in Photoshop.

post-41912-0-26590900-1448757915_thumb.p

All C+C most welcome.

Continuing to be very impressed by the scope.

Now all I need is clear skies and a moonless night!!!

Sarge

Nice, looks smooth and fluffy... Well done... Halpha is a great way to cheat the full moon interference.... I generally reserve my halpha imaging during moonlit nights and concentrate on RGB and OIII capturing during the dark nights.

That really is a nice one - though I wonder if you could hold down the Trapezium a bit more.

I don't know if you've seen this? http://www.astropix.com/HTML/J_DIGIT/LAYMASK.HTM

Olly

Thanks Olly,

That's the technique I used. Perhaps I can reprocess the core data and not stretch it so much.

When I processed it I was thinking I'd be using more of the core data than I ended up doing in the end.

Thanks Mars, Mike and Laudrop.

Sarge

I like the detail that you can get in Ha around M42 - But for me I'm always saddened by the Running man ...... or should I say 'Blob' in Ha! I've got a luminance / Ha layer on this awaiting colour - I took lum as well and layered it into the Running man as well as a couple of sticky out pokey bits that Olly referred to with a rude name :D 

.... as well as a couple of sticky out pokey bits that Olly referred to with a rude name :D

He does have a bit of previous for such things :tongue:

I seem to recall something in a previous post about the heart nebula......

I did however follow Olly's advice and reprocess the core data and tame it further.

post-41912-0-29674200-1448820706_thumb.p

Clear skies

Sarge.

On an adult note  :angel:  I think your re-process is a considerable improvement and does more justice to your excellent data!  

And as for you, Ms Wager, butter wouldn't melt in your mouth! Ahem. Cough cough.  :grin:  :grin:  :grin: 'Sticky out pokey bits,' eh? Where are the mods when you need them? Bah!

:cool: lly

Archived