Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkyLiner 300p Flextube GO-TO questions

I am looking at buying a SkyLiner 300p Flextube GO-TO and wonder if I can ask a few questions

1. Does anyone know the base diameter?
  2. Can anyone  tell me what Power Tank would be the better for the size of this scope. The 7AH or 17AH Skywatcher power tank?
  3. Would this telescope come with the latest handset which is the v4?  I am unsure on that, but even so the latest Sky GO-TO handset.

I ask this as I have emailed Sky Watcher and another skywatcher UK distributed so far no reply from them.  

many thanks

I have one and the base will go through a standard 30" door frame (just) , i use a Tracer 14Ah i estimate it will run for 16 hours, i can't say on the V4 handset, i would stick with my V3 as it enables me to upgrade the firmware without having to plug the handset in the mount to power it up......have you tried Firstlightoptics our forum sponsors they normally reply quickly in office hours....

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/

I recently got this scope.

1. The base diameter is 64cm.

2. I got the Tracer 8Ah battery and one full charge has powered the scope for a total of 14 hours of observation so far over 5 nights. It has used up the 3 green LEDs of the battery level meter but still has 2 red LEDs left to go. I've jumped around the sky quite a bit with the go-to and a great time (and power) saver is that you can manually help pushing the scope along during the slewing. The 7Ah should easily power the scope a full night of observing.

3. My scope came with the V4 SynScan handset.

Hope this helps

Archived