Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC-6888 Collaboration.

toxic

this is a collaboration effort from mr Ian Aiken & and myself toxic.

it is a first attemp at this so here goes.

MR Ian Aiken 6 hours HA 1 hour OIII

from the atik 460exm on WO GT81.

my 5 hours of HA and 1 hour 40 mins of OIII

from atick 383l+ on SW 200Pds

stacked and combined with DSS - Photoshop and microsoft ice

done as H.O.O the mapped to RGB.

all in all not to shabby but still needs more OIII

all comments welcome thanks for looking

post-12098-0-22192800-1432378306_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

Did you get anywhere with the rgb? I had planned to get some more data on this target but the image is looking nice as is.

sorry Ian but i have tried with the rgb but they wont stack for me dss keeps crashing but only with them files have you managed to stack them your self if so please put the stacked image in the shared folder.thanks

Very nice Chris, the nebula itself looks like a floating jelly fish amongst the cosmic dust. I have no idea why they called it the Crescent Nebula.

A.G

thanks A.G it is called the crescent because that is what it looks like visually  :smiley:

Good one. In your description I don't see where you co-registered the images from the different scopes. They'll have different sizes and field curvatures so where did you address this? I know DSS will align different images but it's the curvature that puzzles me. I do this in Registar.

Olly

Good one. In your description I don't see where you co-registered the images from the different scopes. They'll have different sizes and field curvatures so where did you address this? I know DSS will align different images but it's the curvature that puzzles me. I do this in Registar.

Olly

sorry Olly i thought i had put that in.

i stacked each channel from each cam separately then i resized each stack so that the 383l images where the same pixel size and ratio then used microsoft ice to combine the 460 to the 383l channels then combined them in photoshop with annies actions.

to resize i overlaid the 460 data with the 383l at 50% opacity then manualy alined (but did not save)and resized the 383l layer once that was done i the copied everything from the top readout and wrote it down i then had to only type this in for each 383l stack for it to be the same ratio as the 460.then i could use ICE.after that it was just the processing.this maybe a long wided way of doing this but it is the only way i know and i don't have registar.i hope this makes sense.

Right. I wonder if you'd get improved resolution by using Registar? I suppose ICE must be able to do something about adapting curvature but maybe Registar would be more precise. I don't know.

Olly

i dont know Olly i will have to give it a try i know one thing my way took a very long time - but very slowly gosh there is a lot to learn.

thanks Olly.

thanks for the info for registar Olly 

just did a quick go with the unregistered version and did a screen grab of the results of registering the 460 and 383l tiffs (untouched from there cameras ) it is a blooming lot quicker and easier than what i did lol i can see me having to get this piece of software.

post-12098-0-04322600-1434274092_thumb.p

i am very impressed with registar what took me 2 days to do now only took just over 4 hours start to finish and the new quicker version with registar is a little sharper (apart from manual aligning last time and registar this time) all processes where the same ?.

mind im not complaining like.

here is the stacked and aligned 383L.

post-12098-0-50888400-1434307535_thumb.j

here is the same for the 460.

post-12098-0-89211800-1434307685_thumb.j

here are them combined in registar.

post-12098-0-43812300-1434307767_thumb.j

and here is the finished layered version.

post-12098-0-64473600-1434307902_thumb.j

there is a little difference between the first post of this and the new one (cleaner and sharper) but a heck of a lot of time saved and no blooming headache's woohoo

thanks Olly.

ps.

i should say the  460exm was on the  WO GT81(cutesy of mr Ian aikin) and the 383L+ was on the skywatcher 200P-ds (me).

Archived