Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ha flats with 414ex

As per title really. I've got the 414ex mono and I'm doing a run of Ha and OIII and was wondering how poeple work out the length of the flats. it was easy with the dslr, just go short. is it the same with ccd's it's my first real chance since getting the camera so I don't wish to blow it with bad flats

Thats for taking the time to read this :)

ok, thanks you two... I will probably wait til tomorrow now so I can test at my leisure :). I've not moved the focuser so hopefully it'll be fine. work/bed beckons :(

As per title really. I've got the 414ex mono and I'm doing a run of Ha and OIII and was wondering how poeple work out the length of the flats. it was easy with the dslr, just go short. is it the same with ccd's it's my first real chance since getting the camera so I don't wish to blow it with bad flats

Thats for taking the time to read this :)

The 22~23  thousand ADU value should be the starting point. The ADU value of the flats depend on the well depth of the CCD, so do some between 20000 ~30000 ADU and see which one works best with your set up.

A.G

• 2 weeks later...

Archived