Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IR/UV Cut Filters with Modded Camera?

Astrosurf

Depends on which mod you had done. Did you have both the IR and UV filter removed (full spectrum mod) or just the IR filter?

As mentioned above, you want the red. That's the good stuff! If you have had a full spectrum and you are using the camera on a frac, then you will need to block the UV to avoid starbloat. If you are using a reflector, this shouldn't matter.

Hello, 

you can find out pretty easily if you have an IR remote control. They usually utilize a led around 900nm. If can catch your remote control "in action" then you have a full spectrum camera. If the the led doesn`t light up in the picture then you already have the UV/IR cut filter installed.

greetings

PS: In your kitchen you can also do stuff like that if your camera records full spectrum:

Hot plate

Hi,

Get the clip in EOS AStronomik LP filter as this will correct the colour balance to almost perfect without loss of Ha signal, this is one of the great things about this filter and was designed that way, aswell as doing what it is supposed to and cut out the LP.

AB

Hello, 

you can find out pretty easily if you have an IR remote control. They usually utilize a led around 900nm. If can catch your remote control "in action" then you have a full spectrum camera. If the the led doesn`t light up in the picture then you already have the UV/IR cut filter installed.

greetings

PS: In your kitchen you can also do stuff like that if your camera records full spectrum:

Thanks. I don't have an IR remote, but I'll have a go at taking a pic of a hotplate!

Hi,

Get the clip in EOS AStronomik LP filter as this will correct the colour balance to almost perfect without loss of Ha signal, this is one of the great things about this filter and was designed that way, aswell as doing what it is supposed to and cut out the LP.

AB

I do have this filter, but I didn't know it sorted colour balance. It does create a red halo around stars which is annoying!

Hello, 

greetings

This must be the " Hot Ring Nebula ".

A.G

I do have this filter, but I didn't know it sorted colour balance. It does create a red halo around stars which is annoying!

I dont get any red rings or halos, but it use with an SCT , and I have heard of people having your issue with refractors.

If you put the filter in the camera and take a daytime picture with lens, you will see how it correct the colour balance, then take one with out it. It does a pretty damn good job, which like i said before, it is designed to do.

Regards

AB

Archived